Trash Services To Resume in Fullerton
The City of Fullerton is pleased to announce that the strike affecting Republic Services trash collection service has concluded. As a result, trash collection service throughout Fullerton will resume in full beginning tomorrow (Friday), December 17, 2021.
Specific details for resumption of services for residential customers:
- For Thursday (December 16) pickup customers, your pickup will occur either on Friday, December 17, or Saturday, December 18.
- For Friday (December 17) pickup customers, your pickup will take place on Saturday, December 18.
- All residential customers will resume their normal pickup schedule beginning Monday, December 20.
- Bulky-item collection services will resume Monday, December 20.
Specific details for resumption of services for commercial and industrial customers:
• Commercial and industrial trash pickup will resume as normally scheduled on Friday, December 17.
The City is currently working on providing credits to all residential customers whose service was disrupted during this work stoppage. These credits will require some time to process administratively and will be reflected on a future utility bill. The City will provide further public information in the near future of when customers can expect those credits.
Additionally, the City will work with Republic Services to see that commercial/multi-family/industrial customer credits will be provided.
The City of Fullerton has incurred a variety of costs in responding to the trash strike. As such, the City will seek reimbursement for these costs as appropriate from Republic Services.
Until such time as a full cycle of residential trash collection has been completed citywide, the City and Republic Services will provide two temporary trash disposal drop-off locations in the city:
- Independence Park (801 W. Valencia Dr.)
- Fullerton Sports Complex (560 E. Silver Pine St.)
If you have any questions, please visit the City of Fullerton’s website www.cityoffullerton.com for more information or email email@example.com Commercial/industrial customers are encouraged to contact Republic Services at 714-238-2444