Emergency Rental Assistance Available
Applications for the County of Orange's second application period of the Emergency Rental Assistance Program are now being accepted. The Emergency Rental Assistance Program will provide up to $10,000 in financial assistance to rental households in Orange County who have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, excluding renters in the cities of Anaheim, Santa Ana, and Irvine. These cities will receive direct allocations from the U.S. Department of the Treasury (Treasury) and will be implementing their own programs.
Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2021, or until funding is exhausted, whichever comes first.
- Eligible expenses are UNPAID rent or utility bills due to COVID-19 impact only, not future rent or utility costs.
- You must meet income requirements set forth in the application.
If you have already submitted an application for the ERA Program during the month of February 2021, a regional provider will follow-up with you directly and provide guidance on next steps.
If you have already received assistance from the program and did not receive the maximum $10,000 assistance, you may be eligible for further assistance.
Eligible Households for ERA Program assistance are defined as a renter household in which at least one or more individuals meets the following criteria:
- Qualified for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19;
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability;
- Household income requirements are listed in the application.
- Assistance is not duplicative of any other federally funded assistance.